Many non-profit organisations are operated by volunteers who usually have their own full-time job commitments and each time when volunteers are in action, very often they have to grabble with what is needed to be done so that all necessary actions are taken. Very often, one may forget after staying away from the volunteer work for too long and thus, will seek help from fellow volunteers which may affect productivity of the work.
Although all non-profit organisations do have their constitutions, which many do not read and trends to address issues that are too high a level in the organisation. As such, there is a need to develop operation procedures that are reflective of the work to be done during operations. There is a need to write operation systems and standard operating procedures that are practical and relevant to the workplace of the organization.
Learning Outcomes – You will be able to:
- Discuss the development, implement and maintenance of an effective operation system and its relation to standard operating procedures that supports the mission and vision of the organisation.
- Design an operation system for the workplace and compile an operations manual comprising of the operation system, standard operating procedures and forms; and
- Write standard operating procedures and develop operation forms for execution, management and control of operations.
- Understanding Systems and Procedures
- Writing and Compiling an Operation Manual
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Designing Forms
- Implementing and Maintaining the Operation System, Classroom Lectures, Individual and group exercises, Seminar Training Manual